Choosing a puppy?
Thinking about buying a puppy? Are you having trouble choosing a particular breed of dog, or unsure if it will suit your family, home and lifestyle? Would you like to get free advice on potential health issues certain breeds are likely to develop as they grow older?
The Dog Clinic Team would love to have a chat with you to see if we can help you select the best puppy to suit your personal circumstances, and give you a heads-up on the care requirements that your new dog will attract. Give us a call for free advice to help guide you on puppy selection, then book in for an appointment for a free puppy health check to make sure your new arrival is doing fine.
There are many benefits to teaching your puppy to be well behaved at an early age. Young puppies are very able to learn obedience skills, appropriate toileting behaviour and social boundaries. All of these things help make your relationship with your dog more rewarding for the years to come.
The Dog Clinic provides a popular Puppy School program for all of the puppies that visit our clinic. With our progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour
- Learn how to read your puppy’s body language and respond appropriately
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy
- Teach your puppy some important ‘do not’ lessons
- Understand important boundaries when playing together
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
The most important thing about Puppy School is to ‘start early’. Waiting too long can allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome. Puppy School is open to puppies between 8 – 14 weeks of age, who have had their first vaccinations.