There are many benefits to teaching your puppy to be well behaved at an early age. Young puppies are very able to learn obedience skills, appropriate toileting behaviour and social boundaries. All of these things help make your relationship with your dog more rewarding for the years to come.
The Dog Clinic provides a popular Puppy School program for all of the puppies that visit our clinic. With our progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour
- Learn how to read your puppy’s body language and respond appropriately
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy
- Teach your puppy some important ‘do not’ lessons
- Understand important boundaries when playing together
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
- Learn the expected standard of veterinary care throughout your dog’s life
- Watch and learn as your puppy socialises with other pups and their humans in a safe and controlled environment!
What will you receive by joining The Dog Clinic’s Puppy School classes?
- The Dog Clinic’s Puppy School Curriculum, lots of handouts & information via email, as well as posters you may wish to print
- Puppy Packs with free samples & treats*
- Beginners training and recommendations for further training
- In-clinic benefits such as vouchers & rewards cards
- A greater bond between the clinic and your puppy – many of our Puppy School graduates love their trips to The Dog Clinic due to their positive association from Puppy School!
The most important thing about Puppy School is to ‘start early’. Waiting too long can allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome. Puppy School is open to puppies between 8 – 14 weeks of age, who have had their first vaccinations.
So start today! Contact Nurse Brielle on 6227 9586 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to enrol in our next class!
Note: Pre-payment is required to secure your placement