*Please note puppy school is currently on hold but classes will be back and better than ever soon!*
There are many benefits to teaching your puppy to be well behaved at an early age. Young puppies are very able to learn obedience skills, appropriate toileting behaviour and social boundaries. All of these things help make your relationship with your dog more rewarding for the years to come.
The Dog Clinic provides a popular Puppy School program for all of the puppies that visit our clinic. With our progressive and positive learning techniques you will:
- Develop an understanding of normal puppy behaviour
- Learn how to read your puppy’s body language and respond appropriately
- Develop effective techniques for positive behavioural development
- Learn important tips about walking in public areas
- Understand the need for socialising your puppy
- Teach your puppy some important ‘do not’ lessons
- Understand important boundaries when playing together
- Develop strong bonds between you and your puppy
The most important thing about Puppy School is to ‘start early’. Waiting too long can allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome. Puppy School is open to puppies between 8 – 14 weeks of age, who have had their first vaccinations.